The National Association of State Motorcycle Safety Administrators was founded in 1984 as a "forum for the exchange of information among state-sponsored motorcycle education programs." The goal of SMSA is to ensure that motorcycle safety and awareness are spread throughout the nation with an emphasis on state specific resources.
Below you will find information on SMSA. Please click on any of the underlined links to visit the website directly.
- Mission Statement- The National Association of Motorcycle Safety Administrators is dedicated to serving the needs and interests of state motorcycle safety administrators and programs by advocating motorcycle safety and fostering and promoting the exchange of ideas and resources.
- Motorcycle Awareness- Listed on this page are links to promotional materials, an idea sampler where you can see examples of how states have promoted motorcycle safety and printable professional development worksheets.
- Illinois- This link will take you to contact information for Illinois motorcycle safety resources.
- Wisconsin- This link will take you to the contact information for Wisconsin motorcycle safety resources.
- Article Resources- Articles here are taken from state programs and DOT's from across the nation. Recent articles include Drivers Urged to Share the Road with Motorcyclists, Bikes and Bars, and Car Motorcycle Accidents- There are no Winners.
The staff and attorneys at Hupy & Abraham are always glad to find an organization working hard to promote motorcycle safety. We know all too well the riders are often seriously injured during an accident that might have been avoided through driver and rider education.
If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident, please contact your Milwaukee personal injury lawyer at Hupy & Abraham. We understand what it means to be a rider. Please call today. 1.800.800.5678