A registered nurse and attorney, Attorney Terese M. Halfmann joined Hupy and Abraham in 2015 to focus on nursing home neglect and abuse cases.
Before becoming an attorney, Attorney Halfmann worked in critical care nursing and became the head nurse of an intensive care unit. She served as Clinical Instructor at the Columbia School of Nursing and Marquette University - College of Nursing, as well as Assistant Professor at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee - School of Nursing.
For over 25 years, Attorney Halfmann has used her extensive nursing and legal knowledge to assist personal injury victims. With her background, she knows how to help families who’ve been wronged by negligent nursing homes and assisted living facilities. She was also appointed to a national task force for the Arthritis Foundation and completed a judicial internship with Justice Steinmetz of the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Licensed to Practice: Wisconsin
- Marquette University Law School – Juris Doctor (1985)
- Marquette University College of Nursing – Master of Science in Nursing (1970)
- Wisconsin Association for Justice (2009-Present)
- International Nursing Honor Society - Eta Nu Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau (2009-Present)
- Association for Women Lawyers (2009-Present)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (1985-Present)
I appreciate what Terese did for my mom's neglect case. Thank you.
Terese Halfmann was patient, and walked us through everything.