You thought there was some mistake. The caller on the phone couldn’t be correct. You loved could not have been killed in a Madison truck accident. As the initial shock wore off, you began to accept the truth about the accident but you have not yet begun to accept the reality of your future without your loved one. What are you supposed to do now?
Every Family Handles a Fatal Madison Truck Accident Differently
There is no right or wrong way to handle things after the unexpected death of a parent, spouse, child or sibling. Our Madison wrongful death lawyers certainly wouldn’t tell you that you have to do things a certain way. You have to do what is best for you and your family. Below are some suggestions that we have for you:
- Plan the service that is right for your family and that honors your loved one.
- Take time to grieve. Make sure that you take care of yourself. You may need time off from work, school, or other regular activities following your loss.
- Get the emotional support that you need. This may come from friends, relatives, religious leaders, or professional counselors.
- Plan for your family’s financial future. Your loved one may have a will, life insurance, or other matters that need to be taken care of after death.
- Consider honoring your loved one through a special scholarship, fund, or other charitable endeavor.
- Make sure your legal rights are protected.
- Different families will proceed through these steps at different paces. It is not necessary to plan everything the day that you receive the phone call that changes your whole world.
Contact a Madison Fatal Accident Lawyer for More Information
For more information about what to do after a fatal truck accident in Madison, please contact our experienced Madison fatal accident attorneys at 608-277-7777 (local) or 1-888-277-4879 (toll-free). We also encourage you to read our FREE book, The Ultimate Guide for Automobile Accident Victims, to learn more about what to do after a tragic truck wreck.