Accidents can be startling, especially if you’ve never been in one. People often ask the car accident attorneys of Hupy and Abraham, S.C. what they should do after an accident. To help those people, we’ve put together a list of useful tips:
- Check that Everyone is Okay: The first priority after an accident is safety. If someone is seriously injured, call 911 immediately. Hupy and Abraham, S.C.’s Mobile App enables you to call 911 simply by shaking your phone.
- Turn on Emergency Lights: Auto accidents are bound to hold up traffic. It’s important that other drivers know the situation and can steer clear of the wreckage.
- Call the Police: Even in minor accidents, it’s important that a police officer arrives on scene to regulate traffic, prepare an accident report and help both drivers exchange information.
- Take Pictures: Make sure you take pictures of both vehicles from as many different angles as possible.
- Document Evidence: Hupy and Abraham, S.C.’s Glove Box Guide will tell you exactly what information you need to jot down after an accident. This information will help our personal injury attorneys maximize the value of your case.
- Don’t Discuss Accident with Other Driver or Witnesses: Do not argue with anyone about who was or wasn’t at fault for the accident. Just let the evidence speak for itself.
As you try to move on from your accident, it’s important to seek immediate medical treatment for any injuries you have. Delaying treatment will give the insurance company reason to believe your injuries were caused by something other than your accident.
Once the initial shock of the accident wears off, contact the car accident attorneys of Hupy and Abraham, S.C. as soon as possible at 1.800.800.5678. We’ll fight the insurance company to make sure you get all of the money you deserve.