Being involved in a Wisconsin auto accident can be a life-changing event. The injuries sustained to the body during an accident can create enduring complications. These injuries are actually quite common. In fact, in 2010 there were over 108,000 injuries due to auto accidents in Wisconsin.
Auto accidents not only cause bodily damage, but they can also create quite a significant amount of monetary damages as well. These financial losses can be recovered through a lawsuit or insurance settlement. If you have experienced a significant loss after an accident, you may be entitled to recover for the following:
- Medical expenses. Medical expenses that were due to an auto accident injury in Wisconsin can be recovered. This includes expenses such as doctor visits, hospital visits, emergency room expenses, chiropractic care, massage, physical therapy, and medical devices, to name a few.
- Future medical expenses. Any continuing medical expenses due to an accident can be recovered. The amount that will be recovered will be based on your long-term therapy needs, as assessed by doctors and medical providers.
- Pain and suffering. Pain and suffering damages include physical pain resulting from your injury. The damages are based on the severity of the pain and how long you will likely be in pain.
- Mental anguish. Any type of mental or emotional distress you suffer as a result of an accident can also be claimed.
- Lost wages. If you are unable to work—either on a temporary or permanent basis—you can ask for compensation for your disability. Wages that would have been earned from the time of injury to the settlement or judgment may be recovered. Future wages due to the loss of earning capacity may also be recovered.
- Property damage. Damages to property that were caused by the accident can be recovered.
- Loss of consortium. This refers to the loss of the benefits of married life to your spouse that have resulted from your injury.
To ensure that you get the best settlement for your injuries, contact a Wisconsin auto wreck lawyer at Hupy and Abraham. They have the experience and dedication to get the compensation you deserve. Call 800-800-5678 today for a free case evaluation.