When a death that is caused by someone else’s negligence or by a wrongful act, the family of the victim may file a wrongful death lawsuit. Your Milwaukee personal injury attorney will be able to tell you if you have a claim.
Wrongful death may be the result of:
- Medical malpractice
- Car accidents
- Wisconsin drunk driving accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Negligent security
- Slip and fall accidents
Wisconsin wrongful death lawsuits provide families with compensation for their pain and suffering, lost income, medical bills, funeral expenses and other costs associated with the death.
- Financial contributions that the decedent would have made to the household had the deceased lived, including lost wages and insurance costs.
- Funeral and burial costs.
- Loss of love, affection, advice, comfort, care, companionship, guidance, household assistance, and moral support.
An immediate family member must file Wisconsin wrongful death claims. In most cases, the surviving spouse or children file the claim. In some cases, parents will choose to file wrongful death claims.
Who can file a Wisconsin wrongful death claim?
- A surviving spouse
- Dependent children or step-children
- Adult children
- A parent
- Another person who is dependent on the decedent
If you have questions about whether you have a Wisconsin wrongful death claim, contact Hupy and Abraham and ask to speak with an experienced Milwaukee personal injury attorney. Our toll-free phone number is 1-800-800-5678. Your initial consultation is absolutely free, confidential, and without obligation.