Your question shows that you want to be prepared for your first meeting with a wrongful death lawyer after the tragic loss of a loved one in a car accident. While every case is unique, there are some common questions that you may expect a wrongful death lawyer to ask you after a fatal crash on Interstate 39, Interstate 74, or another Bloomington road takes the life of your loved one.
Those questions may include:
- What do you know about the accident?
- Do you have a copy of the police report?
- Was an autopsy performed? Who pronounced your loved one dead?
- Did your loved one incur any medical bills from the accident prior to death?
- What did your loved one do for work, and what was his or her income?
- How has the loss impacted your life?
- Who is the executor of your loved one’s estate?
The purpose of the questions is to find out what happened, what your legal rights might be, and how best to protect your recovery. They are not meant to make you relive the event or to cause you any suffering. The attorney with whom you are speaking should be sympathetic to your loss and strive to make you as comfortable as possible.
The lawyer should also answer your questions. You should feel free to ask anything that is on your mind. You can even begin the process of learning about your rights before you meet with a lawyer by browsing our free video and articles. Then, when you are ready, please contact us directly via this website or by phone to set up an initial consultation so that we both can ask each other questions and get the answers that we need to make informed decisions about the future.