Get Help Now


My spouse recently died in a Wausau car accident. I want to file a Wisconsin wrongful death lawsuit, but his parents don’t want to file a case. What should I do?

You find yourself in a very difficult situation. Not only have you lost your husband, but you seem to be at odds with your husband’s parents about whether a wrongful death case should be filed after the fatal accident that took your loved one.

Our Wausau wrongful death lawyers empathize with your family. We invite you to contact us directly to learn more about the pros and cons of filing a potential case so that you can sit down with your husband’s parents and have an informed discussion about what is right for your family.

We hope that you and your in-laws will be able to come to an agreement because such an agreement might make your life a little easier. However, if you cannot come to an agreement then you may still have the right to sue and to pursue a wrongful death claim. Generally, a representative of your husband’s estate will file a wrongful death claim. However, as a surviving spouse, you may be able to file such a case if the representative does not do so.

For more information about how to handle this tricky situation or for advice on how to begin a Wisconsin wrongful death case, we invite you to contact an experienced Wausau wrongful death lawyer today at 715-298-4400 or 800-800-5678 to schedule an initial consultation.

Jason F. Abraham
Managing Partner, Hupy and Abraham