Most of the people in America are unaware of the large number of people who wear dentures. This is because those who wear dentures don’t typically make it known to the public. It is one of those personal items that is not openly discussed. But the numbers show that approximately 35 million Americans wear dentures.
Many people who wear dentures choose to use a denture cream. A great number of those who wear dentures are not aware of the danger that a denture cream may present. The problem with some denture creams is that they contain a large amount of zinc, which is known to pose dangers to health. For those who have been negatively affected by denture creams, you may be entitled to compensation.
Here are some key facts you should know about denture creams and zinc poisoning:
- FDA classified as class 1. A class 1 classification means that manufacturers are not required to list ingredients on the label. This leaves many unaware of the amount of zinc in the product.
- Companies. The denture cream brands that contain zinc include Fixodent, Poligrip, Super Poligrip, and many others.
- Risk factors. Dentures that do not fit properly force the user to use an excessive amount of denture cream.
- Zinc poisoning. The result of using these denture products is zinc poisoning. Zinc poisoning is serious and can cause long-term complications.
- Zinc poisoning consequences. Zinc poisoning can cause serious neurological problems and neuropathy.
To seek compensation in a class action lawsuit contact a Wisconsin pharmaceutical class action lawyer at Hupy and Abraham Call 800-800-5678 today to discuss your legal options.