If you suffer from diabetes, you must deal with a number of things in order to maintain your health. You must learn to deal with the mental and financial consequences, too. With so many things to manage, the last thing you should have to worry about is serious harm caused by a prescription drug you take for your condition.
Sadly, this sort of injury is being experienced today by many people who have taken the diabetes drugs Januvia, Byetta, or Victoza. Some of those who have taken one or more of these drugs used for diabetic patients have developed thyroid cancer.
Because thyroid cancer is a serious issue that can result in death, it is important for those who have taken Januvia, Byetta, or Victoza to know what the symptoms are. Common symptoms of thyroid cancer include:
- Lump in neck. This is one of the most common symptoms of thyroid cancer. The victim may notice a lump or swelling in the neck.
- Pain. Pain is also a common symptom of thyroid cancer. The most common places the victim will experience pain is in the neck, but it may also be located in the ears.
- Swallowing. Swallowing may become difficult for those suffering from thyroid cancer.
- Breathing. Thyroid cancer may make it difficult for the victim to breathe. He may also experience a constant wheezing.
- Cough. A frequent cough that is not related to a cold may be present.
If you have taken a diabetic drug and have developed a serious side effect, you may be entitled to compensation through a pharmaceutical class action lawsuit. To learn how you can join a class action, fill out the contact form found on this page.