You have recently had to make a lot of decisions that you didn’t want to make. You had to decide on a funeral service, you had to decide when to go back to work, and every day you have to decide how to manage your grief. Now, there is yet another big decision to make.
You Need to Decide Whether You Are Going to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
As with any other big decision, it is important that you get all of the facts and consider the pros and cons before you decide what to do. Accordingly, when the funeral is over and most of the company has left you alone, it is time to think about what is best for you and your family. Some things to consider include:
- The strength of your case.
- The costs associated with the accident and the impact of those costs on your family.
- How much income your loved one was likely to earn in the future, and the impact of that loss on your family.
- The non-economic contributions—such as companionship, wise advice, and guidance—that your loved one brought to family members.
- Your emotional wellbeing and whether pursuing an Illinois wrongful death case might help you heal.
In order to make an educated and informed decision, you may need to consult with an experienced Illinois wrongful death lawyer for more information.
Call an Illinois Wrongful Death Attorney Today
For more information about the pros and cons of filing a wrongful death case in Illinois, we encourage you to contact our experienced lawyers at 815-877-3900 or 800-390-6350 to schedule an initial consultation.