What do shopping malls, office buildings, and apartments have in common? Stairs. And stairways are one of the most common places that falls occur. When someone falls down stairs, either in a public place or at a private establishment, serious injuries could occur.
How do you know if the stairway fall was your fault or the fault of the property owner or manager taking care of the building you fell at?
- If you tripped over your own shoe, the fall may be your fault.
- If you were running down a flight of stairs and being in a rush caused you to miss a step, then the fall may be your fault.
However, if other conditions led to your stairway fall, then your fall-related injuries may be the fault of a negligent owner or property manager. These dangerous conditions could include:
- Poor lighting—or no lighting—in the stairwell
- Broken railings, or handrails missing altogether
- Uneven or broken stairs
- Loose carpeting, linoleum, or other stair surface material
If you discover that your Wisconsin slip and fall accident was the fault of the property owner or manager due to the poor condition of the staircase, then you should talk with an experienced Milwaukee personal injury law firm to get advice.
Hupy & Abraham provides complimentary case consultations to injured victims to help answer critical questions, to let victims know if they have a case, and to teach victims about their rights. If you would like to talk with one of our Milwaukee slip and fall lawyers about your potential premises liability case in more detail, please call toll-free at (800) 800-5678 today to schedule a free consultation.