Get Help Now


Being injured in a slip and fall accident in Gurnee can be quite embarrassing. Unfortunately, many slip and falls do not end with a little harmless embarrassment. They often result in the victim sustaining serious injuries, which often have long-term complications.

Many slip and fall victims leave the scene, seek medical care, and never hold the responsible party accountable. If you have been injured in Illinois slip and fall accident, it is important to understand that you may be eligible for compensation.

As a slip and fall victim, you should notify any parties who may be responsible for the accident that you intend to file a claim. When notifying the parties there are three things to consider; they are:

  • Determining who is responsible. Before anyone can be notified of your intentions to file a claim, you must be able to determine who may be responsible. In most slip and fall cases the responsible party will be the business owner or the property owner.
  • Writing a notification letter. Once it has been determined who may be the responsible parties, it is time to notify them. Notifying the responsible parties is most commonly done through a letter. The letter should state that you have been in an accident and that you have been injured.
  • Write the letter promptly. It is important to notify the responsible parties as soon after the accident as possible. In most cases you will need not give a notice within a specific time period; however, it is always best to begin the process quickly.

To obtain help with contacting the responsible parties or for the entire claims process, contact an experienced Gurnee slip and fall accident attorney at Hupy and Abraham. Call 866-625-2299 today for a free case evaluation.

Jason F. Abraham
Managing Partner, Hupy and Abraham
Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment