Get Help Now


What You Need to Know If You’re Hurt in a Motorcycle Accident While Traveling in Wisconsin

Where will you turn if you have been hurt while riding your motorcycle through Wisconsin?As a visitor to Wisconsin, you knew to follow all of the state’s motorcycle laws. You were prepared to follow the rules of the road and to enjoy your vacation—but were you prepared to be hurt?

It Can Be Confusing and Scary to Be Hurt in a Bike Crash When You’re a Visitor From Another State

Who will you call for help? What can you expect from the police? How can you protect yourself when you are on vacation and you don’t have doctors, lawyers, or even a friend in the area?

Your accident recovery will start in much the same way as it would if you were hurt in your home state. Your first call should be to 911 to get law enforcement and first responders to the scene of the crash. As always, share your license and insurance information with the police, but do not offer an opinion as to what caused the crash.

Additionally, you should accept medical help and transportation to the hospital if you are hurt. You can communicate with your regular doctors and give your treating doctors permission to speak with your regular doctors. However, you should not put off medical care until you return home.

Finally, you should act quickly to protect your legal and financial rights. You have the right to contact a Wisconsin attorney who is also a rider and who is passionate about protecting the rights of all riders. An attorney who knows Wisconsin law can help you get the recovery you deserve. To learn more, please start a live chat with us today.

Jason F. Abraham
Managing Partner, Hupy and Abraham
Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment