The game is on! You are ready to watch and you are ready to party, but will you be safe? You want to live to enjoy the spring, summer, and another football season so it is important to recognize the potential accident risks that are present on Super Bowl Sunday and to take actions to protect yourself and your loved ones.
Five Risks You Should Know About
Both the football game itself and the parties that go along with it can be potentially deadly distractions. Consider, for example what could happen if you, or a loved one, are:
- Involved in a car accident. Drunk driving, drowsy driving, and distracted driving may all play a role in fatal Super Bowl Sunday accidents. Make sure to avoid driving while intoxicated, tired or distracted and be aware of the risks presented by other drivers.
- Hurt in a bar. A deadly fight may occur in a bar that fails to provide adequate security for its customers.
- Neglected in a nursing home. If nursing home staff are listening to or watching the game, then they may be slow to respond to a nursing home resident’s needs or call for help.
- Bitten by a dog. Dog owners may be less attentive to their pets while they are partying or watching the game. A dog bite may be deadly.
- Hurt in a slip and fall accident. Property owners may be less attentive to dangerous conditions on their properties during the game and festivities. A fall that results in a brain injury, spinal cord injury, or other serious injury could be fatal.
Please share this blog post with your friend and relatives so that, together, you can enjoy many Super Bowl Sundays to come!