Our Milwaukee pharmaceutical class action lawyers want you to know that antibiotics save lives. They are an important part of our health care system. They have been essential to giving us our long life spans. We would not want to live without antibiotics, nor would we want our loved ones to be denied these powerful and useful drugs.
That said, we do not believe that all antibiotics are safe or that antibiotics should be used for every illness. Instead, we encourage Milwaukee patients to make informed decisions about the use of antibiotics.
How to Decide Whether or Not to Take Antibiotics
You have the right to assume that the medication that you are taking is safe and that any risks have been disclosed. However, that is not always going to be the case. Thus, it is important to make an informed decision about taking an antibiotic by talking to your doctor and considering:
- Whether you really need an antibiotic. Antibiotics will not help with every illness.
- Whether you have taken this type of antibiotic before.
- How long the antibiotic has been on the market.
- Whether you have any risk factors that should be considered before you take a new medication.
- Whether there are any safer alternatives available to treat your condition.
Ultimately, however, you may not have all the information necessary to make an informed decision and instead your decision may be a leap of faith.
Contact a Milwaukee Drug Injury Lawyer If You Have Been Hurt
You may have chosen to take an antibiotic drug, but you did not choose to suffer the serious side effects that you are suffering. If you have been hurt then we encourage you to call 1-800-800-5678 or 414-223-4800 today to speak with an experienced Milwaukee pharmaceutical class action attorney.