Your loved one did not have to die in the accident that killed her on Avenue of the Saints in Cedar Rapids. You could have had many more years together if the negligent driver who caused the accident had not ended her life. You know that you need help.
But How Do You Hire Someone to Represent You in Something So Important?
You are trusting an attorney to help you with something that is important to you financially and also emotionally. Thus, it is important to consider:
- The lawyer’s experience. Has the lawyer handled wrongful death cases like this before?
- How empathetic the lawyer is to your situation. Does the lawyer seem to understand what you and your loved ones are going through?
- How comfortable you are talking to the lawyer. Is the lawyer listening to you and explaining things to you?
- How useful the attorney’s staff is to you. Do they call back within a reasonable amount of time? Are your questions answered?
- The recommendations of others who have used this lawyer before. What do other people who have used this lawyer before have to say?
Ultimately, your decision may be a combination of concrete factors, such as a lawyer’s experience, and intangible factors, such as your gut feeling.
Make the Decision That Is Right for You
Gather all of the facts and then make the decision that you believe is in your best interests. For more information, we invite you to read our testimonials and case results and to contact us directly to schedule a free consultation. We are here to help you.